Senior Software Developer
If you’re ready to take on the next big challenge of your career, this may be your opportunity! We’re looking for a Senior Software Developer to help us create innovative tech in the Industrial Internet of Things sector while thriving in our small, all-hands-on-deck startup environment in our Richmond office. You must currently be eligible to work in Canada and may be required to travel.
Why You Should Choose Us
- Reap the rewards of your hard work through a competitive base salary, negotiable for standout talent, plus performance-based bonus.
- Opportunity to work with a dedicated, focused team of smart professionals building truly remarkable tools.
- Variety on the job and a manager who trusts you to independently succeed
- Flexible hours, full extended health plan, and employee stock options to show you we care.
Why We Would Choose You
- Hard Skills
- 5+ years of experience working with C# or ASP.NET in end-to-end development on Windows or Mobile platforms.
- 3+ years of experience in front-end development with UI technologies (preferably in WPF).
- Solid working knowledge of SQL Server database design, T-SQL programming, reporting, integration, and administration.
- Experience with and knowledge in Cloud based application development and deployment, using tools such as AWS, Azure etc.
- Previous work experience on projects using WPF, Windows service, AJAX, SOAP, WCF, RS232, TCP/IP, USB and LINQ Technologies.
- Familiarity or experience with Android UI development.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Any experience working with hardware and firmware is a bonus, as is experience with sensors, control automation, industrial monitoring, etc.
- Excellent written and oral English language skills
- Soft Skills
- Comfortable and open to giving and receiving constructive feedback and coaching
- Solution focused with a team-mindset -- you really care about the people you work with.
- Sees a challenge as a chance to take initiative and have tenacity to find a solution independently
- Pick up context, background, and ideas quickly and comfortable taking ownership
- Entrepreneurial spirit or “owner’s mentality” - you’re always the first to offer a hand to help
What You Would Do Daily
- Software Development
- Working with technologies and tools such as C#, WPF, SQL, AWS, and more to develop the backend codebase for our software.
- Collaborating with the Development team to meet deadlines and debug code.
- Refactoring, optimizing, and creating test cases.
- Keeping up to date with the newest system requirements and developments.
Why We’re Looking Now
- We’ve become a standard in the Tire Pressure Monitoring mining industry with our first product, so we’re an established player with a growing list of global customers and partners.
- We’ve invested heavily over the past few years to develop and commercialize new Industrial IoT wireless sensors, gateways and platform products and services for equipment condition monitoring, found new product market fits with compelling use cases, and need to increase our manufacturing to meet demand.
- We’re scaling up! We’re securing new funding, and we need exceptional team members like you to help us achieve our daring goals.