Firmware Developer / Engineer
If you’re ready to take on the next big challenge of your career, this may be your opportunity! We’re looking for a Firmware Developer / Engineer to help us create innovative tech in the Industrial Internet of Things sector while thriving in our small, all-hands-on-deck startup environment in our Richmond office. You must currently be eligible to work in Canada and may be required to travel.
Why You Should Choose Us
- Reap the rewards of your hard work through a competitive base salary, negotiable for standout talent, plus performance-based bonus.
- Opportunity to work with a dedicated, focused team of smart professionals building truly remarkable tools.
- Variety on the job and a manager who trusts you to independently succeed
- Flexible hours, full extended health plan, and employee stock options to show you we care.
Why We Would Choose You
- Hard Skills
- 3+ years of experience working with ARM Cortex-A or Cortex -M, 8051, MSP430 and/or Amtel
- Embedded RTOS and strong tool-chain experience or mastery in at least one of these: Code Composer, IAR, or Keil
- Embedded C/C++ programming experience
- Very comfortable with serial bus protocols, such as SPI, I2C, CAN, UART, Ethernet/Industrial etc., and writing to unfamiliar cores
- Hands-on experience with TI microcontroller
- Familiar with wireless sensor network experience, RF communications theory/design, and RF technologies Bluetooth, GPS, WiFi, 4G, LoRa
- Strong hardware, firmware, and software troubleshooting skills
- Comfortable with printed circuit board debugging, using oscilloscopes, voltage meters, power supplies, etc.
- Bonus points for software skills in managing the upstream interaction of your embedded decide with various platforms (Windows, cloud databases, etc) over various channels (USB, LTE, LoRa, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, RS232), experience with sensors, control automation, industrial monitoring, instrumentation, data analysis, etc
- Extra bonus points if you can provide a functional interface while doing the above, as well as manage PCB layouts and prototype assembly.
- Nice to haves: experience with FCC and CE regulatory testing, low power design experience, Linux/Android expertise
- on Windows or Mobile platforms
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent written and oral English language skills
- Soft Skills
- Open to feedback and coaching to improve your code.
- Positive attitude and team-mindset -- you really care about the people you work with.
- Welcome challenges and take initiative to tenaciously work to overcome them without needing much direction from management
- Pick up context, background, and ideas very quickly and add value quickly
- Entrepreneurial spirit or “owner’s mentality” - you’re always the first to offer a hand to help, no matter the task
What You Would Do Daily
- Firmware Development & Engineering
- Work closely with hardware engineers and product development team to deliver great products & platforms
- Lead the development of firmware strategy, innovation and road map
- Collaborating with hardware, software and sales teams to meet deadlines.
- Keeping up to date with the newest system requirements and developments.
Why We’re Looking Now
- We’ve become a standard in the Tire Pressure Monitoring mining industry with our first product, so we’re an established player with a growing list of global customers and partners.
- We’ve invested heavily over the past few years to develop and commercialize new Industrial IoT wireless sensors, gateways and platform products and services for equipment condition monitoring, found new product market fits with compelling use cases, and need to increase our manufacturing to meet demand.
- We’re scaling up! We’re securing new funding, and we need exceptional team members like you to help us achieve our daring goals.